Sunday, August 7, 2011

Take me out to the ball game...

After a morning of appliance shopping and wall priming, it was time to take a break from kitchen madness and have some fun.

Our dear friends Andy and Meagan have a sailboat at a nearby marina. They invited us to a marina luau--complete with leis and mai-tais. It was too choppy to take the boat out, but we did take a walk down one of the docks and picked out the boats that we would most like to live on.


There are tons of choices, but I think I would most like to live on the little boat we saw yesterday when we cruised around the harbor in our boat. It is called Utopia III. I think I wouldn't mind living in a Utopian society aboard.

How about you?


I didn't take this picture. You can tell by the palm trees. We don't really have those here in Virginia. When we cruised by this super yacht I felt like we were in Lauderdale or Miami or something. Certainly not the harbor by our house! I have no idea why they were docked at a marina in Portsmouth, but if they need someone to yacht sit, hit me up! I'm in! I think there was a lounge chair on board that has my name on it.

I'd have a much more interesting blog if I could write from there! I'll work on that for you, dear readers.


After our stroll down the dock, we decided it was a good night to be outside, so we drove over to see our local farm team play some ball. We had dinner in the restaurant (Best chicken strips ever! All you can eat hot dogs! Roast Beef carving station! Oh my!) and moseyed out to our seats. It was a perfect night for a ball game. The weather held out and the temperatures cooled down a bit. Even though we had a rather big dinner, beau and I had some ice cream.


Clearly there is nothing more fun than Dippin' Dots for two in a Tides hat. Mmmmmm, yummy.

And to top it off, the Tides were celebrating Navy appreciation night. Yep, that means post game fireworks.


All in all, it was a perfect summer evening and a much needed break from kitchen renovation madness.

What is your idea of a perfect summer night?

As a side note, when we got home from the game, beau was reading the news online. We read about the 38 people killed in Afghanistan when a helicopter was shot down. Twenty-two of those men were Navy Seals. Three were in the Air Force. In all, 30 Americans were killed. While I don't want to get political, I do want to take a moment to say that I'm incredibly saddened by the loss of any life, but the loss of someone who is dedicated enough to risk his life to protect our freedoms is humbling. I'm certain that my community will be directly impacted by these deaths. I hope that everyone--no matter where he or she is--can take a moment to consider the blessings we have in life and why we have them.

Like I said: I'm humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy! Thanks for stopping by and giving me your feedback!