Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Checking in To Say All Is Well in VA

Call me crazy, but I don't think two natural disasters in the span of about a week is OK. See, Irene is on her way. Here's the latest projected track (with our location pointed out).


She should be here Late Saturday night or Sunday morning. Sigh. I'll keep you posted.

And we just had a 5.9 earthquake. Like just had it. At 1:52 p.m. today. What the what? I was sitting on the couch reading In Style and felt the house rocking. My first thought was that the plumber under the house need not jack up the house to do whatever he needs to do. Then I saw the bushes moving, too. Being a California girl, I recognized the feeling. It was a rolling that was unmistakable. Earthquake! But wait, I'm not in California. I'm in Virginia. So I dismissed the thought of an earthquake and decided I might be going crazy. When the plumber asked me if I felt the earthquake my sanity was validated. (Or at least that part of my sanity was validated.)


All is well here. There is no threat of Tsunami. At this point, I've not noticed any damage around the house and I'm OK. I spoke to my parents in Williamsburg and they are fine. Jesse the lawn guy is still outside edging, so he's good, too. (I'm not sure he knows we had one yet. He was mowing. I should probably go let him know.)

Now I just have to figure out what to do with the cars if Irene hits. We tend to flood here and I don't think my Mini Cooper is quite high enough to just "wait and see" with potential flooding.

This is not our neighborhood, but it is not far from us. Our house is about a block from the water, too. Crazy, huh?


Isn't mother nature powerful? She sure does keep us on her toes, doesn't she?

What's your best or most unexpected mother nature story? Have you ever pulled a Jesse and just went on when (according to the news) the world nearly ended?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy! Thanks for stopping by and giving me your feedback!