I wanted to wait for a big reveal, but I just can't wait. We still have a ton to do, but the kitchen is starting to look, well, like a kitchen. And I really want to show the world.
With no further ado, I give you the first peek at cabinets AND counter tops!!!!
Oh, and while you are at it, check out the crown molding (or moulding if you're feeling saucy) that my man installed.
Because everything is covered in dust and the plumber hasn't been here to hook up the sink yet, I haven't moved dishes and such into the cabinets, but I did make one important move.
I really love our pulls too...
I can't even tell you how thrilled I am by all of this.
I had originally planned on a nice green accent wall (Behr's Serenity Green), but the granite has a lot more blue in it than was apparent in the little sample we picked from. We love it, but it will change the color scheme we had planned. Here's the granite up close and personal:
Obviously there is work to be done before our kitchen is done. Our to-do list still looks like this:
- Schedule instillation of appliances
- Touch up neutral walls
- Paint accent wall in undecided color
- Paint crown molding
- Pick out/install tile backsplash
- Finish floors
- Install and paint window frames
- Install wall plates
- Install and paint base boards
- Pick out and install pendant/peninsula light (All the ones I fall in love with hang too low! Gaah.)
- Install inserts for the recessed lighting
- Clean every crevice of this house
What do you think?