Thursday, September 15, 2011

Lend a Helping Hand

My dear friends,

I don't know Jen. I do know her story. I want to share it with you in the hopes that you can help in some way. Perhaps you can send Jen an encouraging note. Perhaps a meal. Or a prize for a fundraising raffle.


 Jen is from Falmouth, Massachusetts. She grew up with my beau. Her sisters are the same age as two of beau's sisters. Their families were friendly. She is the mother of twin boys. She is the wife of a loving husband. Jen has stage four breast cancer. It has progressed to her liver and bones. She is the same age as me; far too young to be facing cancer.

Can you imagine?

I can't.

This should be a time of joy.

She should be exhausted not from the sickness ravaging her body, but from her twin infants keeping her up at night.

She should be planning playdates and trips to the park instead of scheduling treatments and trips to doctors.

The uphill struggle this family faces is one that I can't even comprehend.

Take a moment, if you will, to go to the website created for Jen.

I know times are hard for many, but if you can spare the Target card you got when you bought two packs of razors or Tide, it would help. That stash of change in the laundry room might be enough to buy diapers for a week. Those little things add up, and things that may feel insignificant to you would be immensely significant to Jen and Garry. Money is not all that they need. If you can give prayer or kind words, I know they will be greatly appreciated. If you can, help spread the word about Jen. Share her website with as many kind people as possible.

In hope,
Amy

(Image from www.jenshelpinghands.org.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy! Thanks for stopping by and giving me your feedback!