Friday, July 15, 2011

Norwegian Love

Well, today's post was going to be about how amazing it is living in a coastal community and being able to go to the beach. I was going to gather inspiration and photos from- you guessed it- the beach. And then I didn't go. My plans fell through and I thought maybe it was a sign that I was supposed to focus on things that need to be done around the house instead of gallivanting off to the beach like a tourist on holiday. Who do I think I am, anyway?

After spending the morning going for a jog through the neighborhood, reading the newspaper and doing laundry, I decided I needed to get out of the house. I had been tasked with a shopping adventure for a few more vases for a girlfriend's upcoming wedding, so I ventured downtown, found the vases on my first attempt (!) and decided to go looking in a furniture store I'd been aching to visit. See, there is a sunroom in our abode that is in desperate need of a few changes. The most necessary change is a chair in which I can curl up with a book. I was thinking a cute upholstered number would do. And then I found the Mecca of all reading chairs. Straight from Norway.

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to sit in butter? Wrapped in a cloud? With a footstool? My friends, I am here to enlighten you.

Behold:
I stole the image from relaxation.com because the salesman at the store was keeping pretty close tabs on me. I think he worried I would fall asleep in the chair and then drool on the merchandise. Hey, stranger things have happened.

I wonder though, is it wise to even desire such comfort for my reading chair? Wouldn't it then just become a napping chair? is there a problem with that? Hmmmm. Forget problems like debt ceilings; these are the issues that can boggle the mind.

All in all, I discovered that butter chairs wrapped in clouds with footstools are puh-ricey. Which means this particular slice of heaven might have to stay in Norway for the time being. Sigh.

But I can always visit the store and take a cat nap when no one is looking, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy! Thanks for stopping by and giving me your feedback!