Monday, September 17, 2012

My HONEST Opinion

Have you heard about the company called Honest?

Not too long ago Plum District, a Groupon-like company offered a deal on Honest products. I spent $20 for $40 worth of products. I'd been talking about Honest with my neighbor Ayme and decided this was as good a time as any (OK, better!) to sample a few of their products.

Using my voucher, I purchased the shampoo and body wash, conditioner, diapers (with anchors on them!!), and mini hand sanitizers. Let me just say, the diapers are incredibly cute!! Look at those ice cream cones and skull and crossbones! They are, by far, the most adorable disposable diapers I've ever seen.

(Image stolen from the Honest website.)

What I like most about this company is their care and concern for the health and well-being of their customers and the environment. The diapers are natural, plant-based and easy on a bum with sensitive skin. Most of the time I don't use disposable diapers, but when I'm out and about I decided carrying around a wet bag, diapers and covers is just too much. I've been seeking the best possible diaper for Little Man to wear when we are hanging out away from home. Regular diapers give his little bum a rash, and the chemicals give me the heebie-jeebies. To be honest, there aren't a ton of options out there. Honest diapers fit the bill and surprisingly they cost about as much as other 'sposies.

Completing my order was super easy, the delivery was quick, and the products felt like they were high quality. You can't see it, but both of my thumbs are up. Why yes, that does make it very difficult to type. Thank you for asking.

I do have to say I'm not in love with the shampoo and conditioner, but that's because I'm weirdly picky about smell. The products are made with vanilla and tangerine essential oils, which to most normal people probably sounds nice. I'm clearly not normal; I don't love the way they make my hair smell. It isn't unpleasant, but I'm not a fruity or vanilla-y kind of person. I'd be super stoked if they developed a lavender formula. (Ahem, hint, Honest.)I'd buy the heck out of that!

My Honest opinion is that this brand is definitely worth checking out. Heck, you can even skip out on that annoyingly expensive Target run that consists of diapers, beauty and cleaning products and have them all delivered to your doorstep. (Thus freeing up your Target runs for those nonessential items that just kind of end up in your cart, but make you really happy.) How cool is that?

If you could have anything delivered to your doorstep, what would it be? (Dibs on David Beckham. Sorry ladies.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy! Thanks for stopping by and giving me your feedback!