Saturday, November 10, 2012

Granola Mom: Series Introduction

Like I mentioned in yesterday's post, I have been thinking about a series.

 Granola 
  Mom



(Image by Cool Text: Free Logos and Buttons - Create An Image Just Like This)

And, I'm playing with buttons, as you can see... Hopefully they'll get more attractive.

Not long ago, my friend Ayme, in conversation with some neighbors, referred to me as her "granola friend." She immediately called to tell me for fear that a neighbor would let me know she said something negative about me.

I took it as a compliment. And, to be fair, she meant it as such.

I'm proud to be on the crunchier end of the granola spectrum.

When I first had Little Man and was starting to dabble in the world of cloth diapers, I came across this quiz and took it. I thought I'd be off the charts since, you know, I drive a Hybrid car and everything

I only scored a 63 which put me in the "Pretty Crispy" category.

I'm OK with that. I like that I shave my legs. If that cost me some points, I'd say it is a pretty fair trade-off.

Even though I'm not "Crunchier than Grape Nuts" (which I love to eat, but don't aspire to become), I do have some granola tendencies that I'd like to share with you in this "Granola Mom" series.

By no stretch of the imagination do I think I know it all or have all the answers. Nor do I even thing I'm doing it "right." Heck, I'm fumbling through my first crack at mommyhood. Realistically, it would take at least three turns at this before I think I would feel OK with suggesting I was close to having some of the answers. (No, Beau, I'm not pushing for more quite yet!!)

I do, however, have just over five months of experience at this point. (How'd that happen so fast?) I'd love to share my thoughts on "crunchy" topics like cloth diapering, cloth wipes, breastfeeding (which I've talked about a little bit here), green cleaning, making baby food (soon!!!! geesh), etc. I get asked about this pretty frequently, so I figured it might be a good chance to do a dedicated series of posts.

Like I said, I'm no expert and my thoughts and experiences are evolving as I go. I know I'm barely scratching the surface of granola-ism, but everything "granola" I do is easy, relatively quick, and, most importantly, best for my Little Man. Please feel free to join me through this series.

How'd you do on the quiz? Any topics you're dying to see? Are you OK with me carrying a designer diaper bag and claiming to have granola tendencies? Anybody reading still?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy! Thanks for stopping by and giving me your feedback!