Sunday, February 5, 2012

Movie Night

So, since I don't have cable and was feeling too lazy to leave the house this evening, I decided to watch a movie instead of watching the big game. I'm not good at watching movies. I tend to fall asleep. Twice I've fallen asleep to this particular movie.

I'm not very discerning about which movies I'll sleep through. I sleep through Academy Award winning films and Razzie award winning flicks. They're all the same to me when I'm tired.

Tonight, though I decided I'd really like to stay awake for this. In part because the first time I slept through this I was really bummed. I'd really wanted to see it. Also, every time the title comes up in conversation, beau insists that I've seen it. He forgets about my narcolepsy.

So, tonight, five months pregnant (and five months from my last glass of wine) I watched Bottle Shock.

It was very good. It also made me proud to be a California girl. A California girl who drinks California wines. (Um, but not exclusively. I actually will drink wine from anywhere. Did you know Virginia has some very good wineries?)

I must admit, Bottle Shock would have been better with a glass or two of wine, but I guess I'll just have to wait another five months for that pleasure.

Perhaps I'll have to watch it again when I can enjoy a glass.

(Images both from IMDB.)

My favorite quote from the film was this: "'Wine is sunlight, held together by water.' The poetic wisdom of the Italian physicist, philosopher, and stargazer, Galileo Galilei. It all begins with the soil, the vine, the grape. The smell of the vineyard - like inhaling birth. It awakens some ancestral, some primordial... anyway, some deeply imprinted, and probably subconscious place in my soul." - Steven Spurrier Bottle Shock

What's the last good movie you've seen? Anyone else out there get movie induced narcolepsy?

1 comment:

  1. Jane Eyre. The new one. I LOVED it. (But you already know this because I texted you) :) And yes, I have TV induced narcolepsy. Almost every night (expecially if husband has chosen the show).

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thanks for stopping by and giving me your feedback!